There is no denying that sounds constantly surround us. While birds can sound peaceful you don’t want sound interfering with your work. Why not invest in noise cancelling headphones to give you the focus and peace you need?
Do you want a headphone that:
- Cancels 90% of noise
- Delivers on clear sounds
- Can switch between wireless and not
- Long play time
The Naztech i9 headphone is the best noise cancelling headphone under 100 you should consider. You won’t have any regrets because it delivers on its promises of sound and quality.
The Best Noise Cancelling Headphones under 100 Reviews
#1: Monoprice Hi-Fi Active Noise Cancelling Headphone
This headphone reduces ambient noise by 35dB. This Db count ensures all background noises are blocked when used. When at home or travelling you focus only on the music.
The large 40mm Neodymium drivers offer a 20Hz-20KHz frequency response. You’ll get full range sounds because the total harmonic distortion is less than one percent.
You can call and answer calls. In the kit there is a three button remote compatible with iOS devices. There is also an internet calling adapter for VoIP applications on a computer or MacBook. These applications include Skype and Facetime.
- Very comfortable to wear for hours
- Noise activation setting will boost the bass significantly
- Reduces almost any low frequency noise
- Strong build
- It’s heavy
- It doesn’t fold up
- There are no replacement earpads
- Doesn’t have a long lifespan
This headphone is practical if you want peace to work in. It virtually blocks out background noise so you can focus on your thoughts, tasks and most importantly your music.
Discover the best headphones on the market reviewed.
#2: JVC HANC250 Noise Cancelling Headphones
The 40mm neodymium drivers in each ear piece provide a high frequency response. The drivers help to achieve 85% background noise reduction.
The 85% noise reduction experienced is ideal if background noise distracts you. The feedback technology that monitors the background noise ensures the high level noise reduction is achieved.
You can use this headphone for hours. The foam cushioned earpads provide comfort. They’re lightweight and foldable which make them convenient for storage & travelling.
The noise reduction can be turned off easily. You can then hear voices clearly. The earpiece won’t block voices out when you’re wearing them.
- Approximately 50 hours of play time using only a single AAA battery
- Reduces high and low-mid frequency ranges
- Light and comfortable to use for hours
- The audio cables are easily replaced if they get damaged through wear and tear
- Not durable
- Unwanted vibration when noise reduction is activated
- Poor fit between the cable and the headphones
- The earpads can disintegrate easily
This headphone is practical if you’re constantly on the move. The lightweight and easy storage features make travel effortlessly. Wherever you are background noise won’t distract you.
#3: Golzer BANC-50 Bluetooth 4.1 High Fidelity Active Noise Cancelling Wireless OverEar Headphones with apt-x
These Bluetooth headphones are convenient for travels. You don’t need to carry cables to connect your phone. The Bluetooth connection is just as strong as a wired connection.
85% of background noise is reduced. There is a built in microphone and a wired mode (Apt-x). The Apt-x delivers a wired audio quality over the Bluetooth connection.
The only wire you’ll use is the recharge cable. You wouldn’t need to recharge these headphones periodically:
- Noise cancellation provides 30 hours of use
- Bluetooth provides 15 hours of playtime
- Bluetooth and noise cancellation provide 12 hours of playtime
Recharging takes two to three hours.
Noise cancellation can be turned off or on easily by a single switch.
- Fits almost anyone
- Comfortable to wear
- It’s simple to sync the headphone and devices
- Clear and crisp sounds
- Humming sound when only noise activation is activated
- Can switch connection to another device without consent from user
- The body can crack easily
- Volume is not loud
These headphones are ideal if you don’t want the hassle of constantly using a cable for a connection. The noise cancellation can be used even when you’re not listening to audio. This is perfect if you want silence around you.
Find out which ones are the best wireless Bluetooth headphones.
#4: Naztech i9 W Power Bank Bundle, Bluetooth Wireless Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
These wireless headphones are compatible with any device. The quality is consistent with each device it’s used with. The Apt-x and Bluetooth 4.1 ensure a strong connection.
The patented Noisehush technology reduces unwanted background noise by capturing and negating external sound waves.
The 40mm neodymium drives provide ultimate sound quality. They boost the bass of songs to enrich the sounds. You can listen to your calls clearly because of the built in mic which uses noise cancellation technology.
You can use these headphones in three ways:
- With a braided, tangle free cable to preserve the battery
- Use the noise activation only
The run time of this headphones are:
- 30 hours of active noise cancellation
- 15 hours of Bluetooth
- 12 hours of noise cancellation and Bluetooth
- Rich sound quality
- Hardly hear any background noise
- Comfortable to use for hours
- Can be folded for easy storage and travelling
- Better suited for people who have small ears
- Not strongly built
- Your voice during calls aren’t clear
- It takes long to fully charge
The two in one characteristics of this headphone make it perfect for long travels. The battery can be preserved by using the cable. No matter which method used you’re guaranteed noise cancellation and sound clarity.
#5: CB3 Hush Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
The active noise cancelation (ANC) reduces noise from the mid or low pitch range. It’s practical to use in places that have those ranges such as airplanes.
You have the option of using the headphones completely wireless or with a cable. The cable has a built in microphone for calls. The Bluetooth range is 15ft.
The 40mm drivers deliver exceptional sound quality. You can experience this sound quality for hours because the headphones are comfortable.
The built in battery is recharged within 2 1/2 hours.
- The ANC boosts the sound quality
- The design of the headphones is soft and comfortable
- Practical to use for any activity including lawn mowing
- Recharges quickly
- Charging port can get defective after continued use
- Bluetooth gets disconnected easily without consent
- Static noise can occur
- Headphones can be too tight on your head
These headphones elevate your sound experience whether you’re using the wireless method or not. All loud noises are practically cancelled. This gives you peace when you’re going about your day.
#6: Sony MDRZX110NC Noise Cancelling Headphones
This headphone is designed and constructed to block out all ambient noise. This allows you to focus on your daily activities or gives you peace when travelling.
The frequency response is from 12-22 000Hz. This will deliver crisp bass, mids and treble. With ambient noise reduced up to 95% you hear only a pure sound experience.
They’re comfortable to wear for hours. You get approximately 80 hours play time.
This headphone is foldable. It’s lightweight too. This contributes immensely to easy storage and travelling.
- The volume is loud
- A single AAA battery provides a long battery life
- Blocks numerous ambient noise such as white noise, traffic, fans and airplanes
- No distortion when listening to songs
- No padding on the headband which makes it uncomfortable to use for long periods
- The cord is short
- There is no control to answer calls
- Can be too tight to the point it hurts your ears
You’ll experience an almost live sound experience. The noise cancellation ensures you aren’t distracted easily with ambient noise. You’re free to do what you want in the day with focus.
#7: Solitude XCS2, Active Noise Cancelling Headphones, Patented Dual Driver, over-ear, silver, noise reduction
The Solitude XCS2 headphones feature patented dual drivers. These drivers are responsible in delivering the noise cancellation you require. Most background noise is eliminated.
The construction and design make the Solitude XCS2 unique. Not only for the noise activation and sound experience.
This headphone is designed to help children and adults who suffer with auditory processing disorder. Those that suffer with this disorder can use this headphones in loud public places. They cancel background noise and will only hear the person that is talking to them.
The patented dual drivers mean you don’t need to select ANC over audio. When they’re both activated you will hear an elevated sound experience with no distractions.
Other features you’ll enjoy include:
- Adjustable headband
- Full volume control
- Soft and comfortable design
- Protective case
- The volume is loud
- ANC raises the sound experience
- Blocks almost all public noises
- The case protects the headphones from any impact
- It can be tight
- There can be an unwanted distorted sound
- Short battery life
- Not durable
The noise cancellation technology is unmatched by competitors. These headphones are centred around that important feature. They’re highly recommended for those who have auditory processing disorder. Noise cancellation blocks out sound so you can listen only to the information provided.
#8: BÖHM B66 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones with Inline Microphone
The Bluetooth 4.0 technology supports A2DP, AVRCP, HFP and HSP. These technologies support a fully wireless function. You’ll have an uninterrupted listening experience.
The premium drivers in each piece deliver the headphones with a 20Hz-20KHz frequency range. They boost the bass and provide clear mids & impressive highs. Together you receive pure quality sounds without distortion.
The active noise cancellation reduces any background noise. You’ll only hear the fine sounds from your songs.
This headphone is recharged in three hours. Once recharged you’ll enjoy:
- 16 hours of playtime
- 18 hours of talk time
Once the call has ended the headphones will automatically resume the music. There is a button on the headphone that enables you to answer calls.
- Compatible with any almost any device
- Pairing is simple and quick
- Call voices are delivered clear
- Bluetooth connection is still strong at a distance of 40ft
- Not durable
- Shorter battery life than what stipulated
- A static noise can occur when ANC is activated
- Volumes are too loud
This headphone not only ensures your music is played clearly, but also voices are delivered and received clearly. The Bluetooth and its supported technologies ensure the connection between the two devices. There won’t be unintended disconnections.
#9: Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones – Wired
The unique noise cancelling circuitry will reduce background by 90%. The closed back design of each ear piece has 300mm drivers with neodymium magnet systems. These systems are responsible for delivering strong bass, extended treble and higher fidelity.
This headphone can be used on any mobile device and other devices such as MP3, CD or DVD players & inflight entertainment systems.
The ergonomic design ensures the earpieces cover and fit comfortably on any size ears.
The headphones are fully functional when the noise cancellation is turned off (Passive mode). This passive mode works without batteries if you need.
It’s also built to be lightweight and foldable to make it convenient to carry during travelling. In the kit is a cable so you can connect to the airplane’s inhouse entertainment system.
- Comfortable to use for long periods
- Well balanced pure sounds
- Impressive noise cancellation
- Long battery life
- Can break easily
- Static noise can occur
- Person next to you can hear what you’re listening too
- Ear pads can come off easily and replacement is difficult to obtain
This headphone is guaranteed to work on multiple brands. Its works consistently on each one. Through each device you’ll receive pure crisps musical notes. This makes working or travelling enjoyable.
Noise cancellation headphones help with blocking the distractions you face every day. They help you to focus and give you peace when you don’t want interruptions.
You can’t go wrong with picking the Naztech i9. It’s the best noise cancelling headphones under 100. This headphone can be used via Bluetooth or through a cable. You’ll experience high sound quality with both connections. The luxury of options makes this an excellent addition to your sound gear.